In 2002 SAS+Associates was formed in the Northland by Luke Sydow, a leading member of Winston Associates, a 10 person Landscape Architecture firm located in Boulder, Colorado. SAS+Associates is skilled in numerous areas of Landscape Architecture:
- site planning, urban design and landscape architecture for public and private projects
- recreation master planning and design for large and small commu- nities
- public participation processes, for effective public and agency involvement
- developing and implementing design guidelines and development plans for government, corporate and residential settings
- land use planning of land use changes
SAS+Associates is able to complete both large and small projects. SAS+Associates truly combines the personal service and responsiveness of a small firm with the sophisticated design and management capabilities of much larger firms.
The firm’s size belies the scope and complexity of projects for which it has been responsible. Luke Sydow ( while working for Winston Associates) has managed numerous projects, in complex regulatory settings, with many subconsultants and with budgets exceeding three million dollars.
This is possible only through a highly motivated and creative staff with unusual depth and breadth of experience. Each member of the firm has expertise, from facilitating public input to urban design, construction detailing, and site and parks master planning. We maintain working relationships with many local engineering and architectural firms upon which we can draw to provide our clients with the finished product they expect.
SAS+Associates has utilized sophisticated approaches to project management, such as computerized critical path scheduling, regu- lar status reports and feedback networks, all focused on one objective — meeting, and exceeding, our clients’ expectations.